The OF Blog: A few interesting articles on genders and literatures

Monday, June 02, 2014

A few interesting articles on genders and literatures

I'm mostly just going to post these links without commentary because I would rather read how readers react than to provide any attempt at scintillating discourse, which I doubt I'd manage to achieve here.  Seriously though, these are some important socio-literary issues being raised and I think the perspectives need to be considered carefully.

Athena Andreadis on "Lest We Forget"

Storify of Natalie Luhrs (Radish Reviews)' Twitter comments on gender disparities/criticism in SF/F

Publishing and Prejudice:  5 Female Writers Weigh in on Sexism in the Literary World


Just the tip of several icebergs, but I'm still more in the reflective phase of considering these points, so I'll leave it up to others for now to comment on the claims made in these three pieces.

No comments:

 
Add to Technorati Favorites