The OF Blog: 2012 PEN/Faulkner Award for Fiction nominees

Wednesday, February 29, 2012

2012 PEN/Faulkner Award for Fiction nominees

Since I'm seemingly bent on reading and possibly reviewing every one of the major spring literary award shortlists in fiction (and a few other fields), here's the 2012 PEN/Faulkner Award shortlist that was announced a week ago, with the winner to be announced March 26:

  • Russell Banks for Lost Memory of Skin
  • Don DeLillo for The Angel Esmeralda: Nine Stories 
  • Anita Desai for The Artist of Disappearance
  • Steven Millhauser for We Others:  New and Selected Stories 
  • Julie Otsuka for The Buddha in the Attic
I've already read three of the finalists here and I should finish the others in the next week or so.  If I get the chance to review them before the winner is announced, I'll either post them on Gogol's Overcoat or here, maybe as a delayed mirror of the post there.

Very solid list from what I've read so far, especially Otsuka's book, which I reviewed very positively when it was a finalist for the 2011 National Book Award in Fiction.

2 comments:

Joe said...

I've been meaning to read The Angel Esmeralda. I'll get to it at some point, I suppose.

Larry Nolen said...

Based on the two stories that I've read so far, it is worth reading.

 
Add to Technorati Favorites