The OF Blog: Best of 2007: YA Titles

Sunday, December 30, 2007

Best of 2007: YA Titles

I managed to read a few more Young Adult titles this year than in years past, enough for me to have four decent selections out of the ones I've read to date (there are a few unread ones, unfortunately, that I hope to have read by the end of the first quarter of 2008). Here they are, listed below:

Rafael Ábalos, Grimpow: The Invisible Road

China Miéville, Un Lun Dun

Jeffrey Overstreet, Auralia's Colors

J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

1 comment:

Carl V. Anderson said...

I really need to finish Un Lun Dun so I can give it a proper review. I ended up putting it aside for awhile because I was so frustrated with it. I felt like the author would alternate some of the most beautifully written sentences I have ever read with some of the most poorly written. So much so that they would jar me out of the story. Maybe its just me, but I found it hard to see how it passed through the editors without someone suggesting some changes. I'm hopeful that when I get back to it I'll find the second half of the book to be worth the time going through it.

 
Add to Technorati Favorites