The OF Blog: Author Spotlights

Sunday, November 18, 2007

Author Spotlights

In addition to reading/reviewing dozens of 2007 releases, I have been very busy this year reading and re-reading some beloved favorites from the past few years (for a list of the books read through November 10, click on the links above). Some of these authors I'm tempted to do a very special read-through for the last six weeks of 2007 and into 2008.

For a poll lasting through 11/25, I have listed some of the authors I am considering. I forgot to add in the possibility of doing a series of reviews of some of these authors' works that I own: Ray Bradbury, Jack Vance, Roger Zelazny, among those for whom I have at least 5 novels' worth of stories. All you have to do is vote in the poll or, in the case of the three authors I've mentioned above, respond to this post with your votes.

Depending on who is chosen, sometime around the end of this month and going for a few weeks at a time, I will review one novel and/or collection of stories each weekend. I figure that in a day and age in which new readers are not as aware of those authors who have influenced their favorite authors, it might be worthwhile on occasion to promote those authors which I personally think are worthy of discussion. But since I often have difficulties in making up my mind when several excellent choices are available, I thought it'd be nice to let the (few) readers here have a say in the process.

So vote early and vote often?

No comments:

 
Add to Technorati Favorites